To overcome anxiety and enhance sleep quality, the intake of 5-Hydroxytryptophan is a common recommendation by a doctor based on your examination. Based on the reports and studies on 5-HTP, it contains a protein building block called L-tryptophan, which is extracted from the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia.
The first-time consumers have this question in mind that what kind of benefits to expect from 5-HTP and what are the side effect of the same on having overdosed. Well, don’t worry, and let’s have a look at some of the common uses along with the side-effect produced by the same on having an overdose.
After consuming 5 htp supplements on proper prescription and examination, you can easily find the below-mentioned advantages. The same advantages are common uses of this medicine.
- Reduce Depression Level – Research claims that a proper dosage from 150-300mg on a daily basis for two weeks can help to reduce the stress level. It suppresses depression by increasing the production of dopamine. Even the same medicine is used with antidepressant therapy.
- Enhance Sleep – Poor quality sleep is a common problem due to the increase in depression level. In such cases, using a prescribed dosage will reduce anxiety and make you feel comfortable during sleep.
- Enhance syndrome – There aren’t many studies to prove it, but few sources claim that giving this medicine to infants might help enhance syndrome. This will provide the growth of muscle; that’s why you can rely on it.
These are some of the common uses of the same that’s why you can consider it. However, it has some side effects also.
The intake of 5 htp supplements in excess might be harmful, and there are many reports providing that if you are going after the intake, then you can find below-mentioned effects –
- Cause pain in stomach on having dosage more than 6 grams in one day.
- It can cause trouble with pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- It can affect the brain chemical so it can cause trouble during surgeries.
These are all the major side effects on having an excess dose. That’s why you should stay selective when consuming it.